- Plant Morphology - Information on leaf shapes,
inflorescence types, plant families, and other botanical topics.
- Plant Communities - Descriptions and images
pertaining to plants which are associated with various environmental
- Food, Gas, and Lodging - Listings of support
services available to those exploring Death Valley NP.
- Plant Quizzer
- Test your ability to identify various plants commonly found in the Death
Desert Plant and Wildflower Books:
- Baldwin et. al. The Jepson Desert Manual: Vascular Plants of
Southeastern California. University of California Press, Berkeley,
- Blackwell, Laird. Great Basin Wildflowers: A Guide to Common
Wildflowers of the High Deserts of Nevada, Utah, and Oregon. Falcon,
- Blackwell, Laird. Wildflowers of the Eastern Sierra and Adjoining
Mojave Desert and Great Basin. Lone Pine Publishing, Edmonton,
- Bowers, Janice. Flowers and Shrubs of the Mojave Desert.
Southwest Parks and Monuments Association, Tucson, 1999.
- Bowers, Janice. Shrubs and Trees of the Southwest Deserts.
Southwest Parks and Monuments Association, Tucson, 1993.
- DeDecker, Mary. Flora of the Northern Mojave Desert, California.
California Native Plant Society, Riverside, 1984.
- Ferris, Roxana. Death Valley Wildflowers. Chalfant Press, Inc.,
- Larsen, Wes. A Field Folio of Indian and Pioneer Medicinal
Plants. Third Mesa Publishing Co., Toquerville (Utah), 1996.
- Jaeger, Edmund. Desert Wild Flowers. Stanford University Press,
- MacKay, Pam. Mojave Desert Wildflowers. Falcon, Guilford,
- Morhardt and Morhardt. California Desert Flowers. University of
California Press, Berkeley, 2004.
- Munz, Philip. A California Flora, University of California Press,
- Munz, Philip. Introduction to California Desert Wildflowers.
University of California Press, Berkeley, 2004.
- Stewart, Jon Mark, Mojave Desert Wildflowers. Jon Stewart
Photography, Albuquerque, 1998.
- Taylor, Ronald J., Sagebrush Country: A Wildflower Sanctuary.
Mountain Press Publishing, Missoula, 1992.
A pamphlet published by the Death Valley Natural History Association titled
Wildflowers of Death Valley National Park and the Mojave Desert was
also very useful.
Useful Plant Websites:
Death Valley Books:
- Belden, L. Burr, Mines of Death Valley, La Siesta Press, Glendale, 1985.
- Bryan and Tucker-Bryan, The Explorer's Guide to Death Valley National Park, University Press of Colorado, Niwot, 1995.
- Cole, O. N., Trona Trivia, (Set, Printed, and Published by Lisa Rains, Trona, CA, 1994).
- Digonnet, Michel. Hiking Death Valley: A Guide To Its Natural Wonders and Mining Past, Quality Books, Palo Alto, 1997.
- Digonnet, Michel. Hiking Western Death Valley National Park: Panamint, Saline, and Eureka Valleys, Quality Books, Palo Alto, 2009.
- Hubbard, P. B., Bray, Doris, Pipkin, George. Ballarat Facts and Folklore (1897-1917), 1965.
- Lingenfelter, Richard E., Death Valley and the Amargosa: A Land of Illusion, University of California Press, Berkeley, 1986.
- Mitchell, Roger, Death Valley SUV Trails: A Guide to 46 Interesting Four-Wheeling Excursions in the Death Valley Country, Track and Trail Publishing, Oakhurst, 2001.
- Murphy, Robert J., Wildrose Charcoal Kilns, Death Valley '49ers, Inc., Death Valley, 1972.
- Zdon, Andy, Desert Summits: A Climbing and Hiking Guide to California and Southern Nevada, Spotted Dog Press, Bishop, 2006.
Death Valley Info Sites:
Copyright © 2003-2019