Trail Canyon is located on the east side of the Panamint Range right below
Wildrose Peak. It is possible to drive into the canyon from the bottom or to
hike into the canyon from the top of the north fork of the canyon.
The main historic attraction of the
canyon is the Broken Pick Millsite and the Tarantula Mine. Other sites of
interest include Morning Glory Spring and Dripping Spring.
(Click here for area map)
Trail Canyon (July 2007)
Quick view of trip pics
- Top of Road #1 - View from top of road leading down into Trail Canyon.
- Top of Road #2 - Remnants of road. Many parts of the road are completely gone.
- Valley Floor - View of Death Valley from top of road at 5900'.
- Top of Road #3 - Looking back up to top of road from about 5100'.
- Canyon Floor - The road at bottom of canyon.
- Junk Car #1 - Remains of a junk car at Broken Pick millsite.
- Old Structure #1 - Frame of some old structure in middle of millsite.
- Junk Car #2 - Remains of an old truck.
- Old House - Largest dwelling at millsite.
- Front Porch - Front porch of dwelling.
- Camp View #1 - Overview of Broken Pick millsite looking down.
- Old Car #3 - Another picture of old truck. Nice steering wheel!
- Old Structure #2 - Another view of frame of old structure in middle of millsite.
- Camp View #2 - Overview of millsite looking up.
- Outhouse #1 - Doorless outhouse.
- Outhouse #2 - Another view of the outhouse.
- Wildrose View #1 - View from Wildrose hiking trail.
- Wildrose View #2 - View from Wildrose hiking trail.
- Wildrose View #3 - View from Wildrose hiking trail.
- Video at YouTube - This video was submitted to the CNN/YouTube Presidential
Debates Contest. I filmed it at the Broken Pick Millsite.
Copyright © 2003-2022